- The Song of Lady Bessy, a sixteenth century ballad about the Battle of Bosworth Field.
- News elsewhere: New opera, same old Richard III
- Richard III Society, American Branch tour of England (June 2005)
- Early information on AGM 2004
- In Memory of Charles T. Wood, 1933-2004
- Laurence Olivier’s Richard III: A compilation by Paul Trevor Bale
- To commemorate the thirtieth anniversary of the death of Paul Murray Kendall, Compton Reeves has allowed us to place this biographical sketch online.
- The American Branch is pleased to host the online version of the Society exhibition, “To Prove a Villain: The Real Richard III” displayed at the Olivier Theatre during the Ian McKellen/Richard Eyre production of William Shakespeare’s Richard III.
- Ricardian Rover 2004 Tour program and registration form online
- Kim Malo reviews John Ford’s The Dragon Waiting, an alternate reality novel with Richard III, wizards, vampires, and more, for Halloween
- AGM 2003 Program and registration information now online.
- Society member sponsors booth at February renaissance fair in central Florida.
- Michael K. Jones, author of Bosworth 1485: Psychology of a Battle, explains why he thinks the battle took place at a different location. See also two new books on Bosworth.
- Notice anything strange? We’ve changed our internet service provider and every so often we find something that doesn’t work the way it should. If you find anything wrong, please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- New in Ricardian fiction: list of mysteries set in the middle ages; the mystery of Josephine Tey
- Updated index for Vol. 11-12 of The Ricardian
- Plan your 2003 vacation now! Advance information and booking form for our July 2003 tour of Ricardian Britain
- Added information on three graduate students given financial aid through the Society’s William B. and Maryloo Schallek Memorial Graduate Fellowships Awards.
- Long-time soc.history.medieval contributor Martin Reboul isn’t exactly right-thinking about Richard III, but he has some interesting theories about the Battle of Barnet. With a “Two Men in a Trench” episode on Barnet in the works, the author is hoping for comments on his approach, reproduced here with permission. (Large file)
- Added 2002 Annual General Meeting pages.
- Updated coverage of the Edward IV Roll was added spring 2002 but not put on this page until now.
- Happy 550th Birthday!
On October 2, 2002, Richard III turns 550. A page of Richard III-related events in England for the summer, fall, and winter, put together by the Worcestershire Branch, with links to our parent society’s site.
- The Ghost of Richard III. Long 1614 poem about Richard III written as a first-person confession.
- Holinshed’s Chronicles. E-text version now online for the reign of Richard III (completed) and the reigns of Edward IV and Edward IV, work in progress
- Added a review of sources related to Richard III’s reputed illegitimate son, Richard of Eastwell
- Added new and updated bibliography on Later Medieval England from Professor A. Compton Reeves, Ohio University
- Travel with The Ricardian Rover in June/July 2002 to see Richard III’s England